HOW TO BEAT THE HEAT: FULVIO MASSINI’S ADVICE
Here are some rules to follow:
– Don’t worry if you don’t keep your normal pace. 30/40 seconds extra per km is normal.
– Don’t run for longer than 60 minutes.
– Avoid midday.
– Don’t do long intervals. Stick to 300/400m.
– Include bike rides or swims in your training instead of a run.
– If you feel particularly tired, better not to go out.
– To vary, try intervals of 60/80m hills.
– Drink saline sports drinks with electrolytes, and lots of water.
– Avoid limiting your caloric intake.
– Eat more fruits and vegetables.