Right now, due to Covid-19, we don’t know when we will be able to host our usual racing events.
During this terrible time that we’re all involved in, the desire to move and run is strong. Ministerial decrees allow for physical activity while respecting distancing rules.
Therefore, we thought to organize a Virtual race, a real event that could help runners feel the thrill of event participation again. Through our Partnership with TDS, we’ve developed an app that when downloaded to registered runners’ smartphones allows for motion tracing in real time and the projection of their progress along the 10km race route virtually.
It will allow for the following two actions:
1: Participants will receive their steps, kilometers and time IN DIRECT on their cell phones.
2: For those following the direct transmission, available on our Facebook page (with the possibility to share race progress on other social media channels), there is the chance to participate in a true show including special guests, famous runners, and running experts, with the possibility for direct interaction.
• Registration publication on tds.sport and the possibility for proof of participation;
• Registration confirmation e-mail including rules and regulations;
• Digital race bib number;
• Communication regarding the event and app use instructions;
• Fans will be able to follow the race from home to cheer on their friends and relatives virtually;
• Publication of results in real time (keeping the range of start times in consideration), with anticipated splits every kilometer;
• Results sent via mail to each athlete;
• At the end of the event, a personal participation certificate.
You’re the star!
Do you want to share your performance with your friends that have participated in the Cetilar Notturna di San Giovanni Virtual Race? Send an e-mail to email@example.com, and you’ll be contacted to participate in the lave transmission following the event that will be shown on our official Facebook page.
This post is also available in: Italian